Kris Benson is a full time real estate investor, operating self-storage all across the country.
In this episode we talk about how he got involved in real estate, how he bought a group of duplexes, but decided that he didn’t really like that asset class because he wasn’t able to scale; how he then decided to jump into multifamily by developing and constructing a 64-unit multifamily complex in a town which has not seen development in almost 30 years; and finally how he transitioned from that into the self-storage world.
Kris is also operating Reliant Fund and raising 50 millions right now, so he shares how you can get involved in the self-storage world across the country if you are an accredited investor.
What We Cover:
- How and why Kris got into real estate at the age of 29
- Finding opportunity for development in an unlikely town in the US
- What is multifamily syndication
- Investing in mobile home parks vs. self-storage
- How Kris analyzes self-storage micro-markets
- How to keep self-storage relevant and are there any value add opportunities there
- Predicted growth of the self-storage market
- How Kris’s Reliant Fund operates