John Jones has 28 years of experience in real estate, in land development, construction, rentals and commercial estate. He is the owner of John Jones Real Estate LLC, based in Murfreesboro, Rutherford County TN. A real estate innovator both locally and nationally, John and his team continue to perennially set production records, with 560 units sold and over $185,000,000 in volume in 2020. He is also an avid football fan and a very involved family man.
In this episode he shares how he got through The Great Recession and what lessons he learned about the market, about running a real estate business, dealing with banks and the current housing crisis. Enjoy!
What We Cover:
- The current state of the real estate market and the roots of the housing crisis
- How John became a realtor and how he got his first deal as a buyer
- When he noticed things were not going well
- What 2008 recession taught him about risk management
- Why he didn’t declare bankruptcy and how he fulfilled his financial obligations
- When things started to get better and how he changed the way he worked to protect his business in the future
- What John’s favorite class of assets is and why
- What he hopes to accomplish in the next ten years
Interested in becoming a real estate investor? Sign up of Brad Smotherman’s apprenticeship group.